This race is one of the most scenic Half Marathon courses on the East Coast! Set on charming Nantucket Island, the route travels through wooded dirt roads (some with short sandy sections!), tree-lined bike paths, and lightly traveled streets with beautiful ocean views. The course is gently rolling but you are never more than a few feet above sea level! Approximately 40% of the course is on dirt roads with a few sandy sections that can be challenging but there are no significant hills. You may run on roads and see parts of Nantucket you never knew existed!
The race begins on Fairgrounds Road near the intersection with Rugged Road. The course will be very well marked and volunteers and/or Nantucket Police will be stationed at every intersection and street crossing. Nevertheless, it is the athlete’s responsibility to know the course.
Turn by turn directions:
- South on Fairgrounds Rd
- Left on to Surfside Rd bike path
- Left on to Boulevarde
- Left on to Nobadeer Ave (dirt road)
- Left on to Adams St (dirt road)
- Follow signs and volunteers on to Nantucket Airport property (hard-pack crushed gravel path)
- Continue on to Madequecham Valley Rd (dirt road)
- Bear Right on to New South Rd (dirt road)
- At Tom Nevers Ball fields, you will turn left and follow New South Road around the fields
- Left on to Tom Nevers Rd (running WITH traffic on the right hand side)
- Left on to Milestone Rd bike path
- Left on to Old South Rd bike path
- Right on to Fairgrounds Rd bike path
- Left on to Rugged Rd to FINISH LINE!